James Corden’s Ode to the Oscars, Arkansas Senate undermines equality, black trans woman murdered in Louisiana and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Arrest warrant issued for a man who committed a homophobic hate-crime. Key West Police have issued a warrant for the arrest of a man who shouted homophobic abuse at a gay couple and knocked one of them of his bike. “I bet you faggots voted for that bitch Hillary – well you live in Trump Country now,” the assailant shouted before threatening to attack them with a knife. (GSN)
- HRC has slammed Arkansas Senate for passing an anti-LGBT resolution which undermines marriage equality. Arkansas Senate passed a measure calling for the US Constitution to define marriage as the “union of one man and one woman.” HRC Arkansas state director, Kendra R. Johnson, rebuked the Senate, saying: “HRC Arkansas calls on our lawmakers [to] put an end to these cynical, divisive theatrics”. (HRC)
- Singer Steve Grand has found a loophole in the fabric of space-time which allows him to circumvent the ageing process… or so he claims. The openly gay twenty-six year old wrote: “Since I will not touch our planet for the entirety of the 28th [of February, his birthday], I will not turn 27.”
Attention All: My birthday tomorrow is canceled. I will remain 26 years old after Feb 28. No need to wish me "Happy Birthday" tomorrow as I will take off from LA at 10 pm tonight (the 27th) and land at 8 AM on March 1 in Sydney. Since I will not touch our planet for the entirety of the 28th, I will not turn 27. It's just physics you guys. If you don't observe my non-birthday, it means you hate science. I'll let you guys know when I've arrived safely in Sydney as a 26 year old. Love youuuu – Steve
- James Corden dresses as Emma Stone’s La La Land character, Mia, to sing about the infamous Oscars mixup. “Was this a mix-up, a conspiracy, a fix-up or was Warren Beatty just blind,” Cordon sings earnestly. Watch the audition below. (Youtube)
- Another black trans woman has been murdered, making that the sixth black trans woman to be killed so far in 2017. Jaquarius Holland, an eighteen year old trans woman from Louisiana, was murdered. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay for funeral expenses, having raised nearly $4,000 so far. (Autostraddle)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News Ireland). All rights reserved.