Find out what DJ Karl Kay looks for in a man, why he’d shag Panti, his fave celebs and more in our exclusive interview
We caught up with the super sexy DJ Karl Kay before he plays at Euphoria Presents WE Party Olympic Games Dublin Pride Edition.
1. Describe your sound in a sentence or two.
My music is a mix of tribal and vocal house with a touch of tech house. Very festive, to give you loads of energy and a big smile.
2. Whoâ€™s blowing your mind in music these days?
I’m very old school, I listen to old songs and artists, but in the new generation I like Lana del Ray.
In the clubbing scene, it would be Chriss Bekker even if I don’t play trance and progressive music, I really enjoy to dance to it. I also love many new DJsÂ and producers from Mexico or Brazil, I think a lot ofÂ Â freshÂ talent will come from there in the next few years . They are party people and you can feel it in their sound.
3. If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be?
Kylie Minogue! I’m a fan since I was a kid.Â I love her music but also her sexy-but-classy personality, good vibes and energy . She’s a star but not a diva.
4. Whatâ€™s it take to keep your body so tight?
Gym five times a week, a really strict diet and many nights of clubbing!
5. If you had only one week to live, what would you do?
I’d Â rent a villa on a beautiful island and party for sixÂ days with all the people I like, who make me happy in my life. And on the very last day , I would make love all day long with my boyfriend!
6. Whatâ€™s your favourite holiday destination and why?
Ibiza – I love theÂ island, it’s a mix of zen and complete craziness.
7. What do you think is the most attractive feature in a man?
Oh, definitely theirÂ smile and their eyes.
8. Youâ€™ve got one night to spend with any famous person you want, who do you pick?
Easy – TomÂ Daley!
9. Whatâ€™s the craziest thing youâ€™ve ever done?
Leaving everything for a guy…
10. Marry, shag, kill: Tom Daley, Rory Oâ€™Neill (aka Panti) and Joe Manganiello
Marry: TomÂ Daley, he’s so cute. I like sportyÂ guys and I think he likes blondies (haha)!
Shag: Rory, I’ve never had sex with a drag queen and I like new experiences.
Kill: Joe ManganielloÂ , because I’m jealous of his body.
DJ Karl Kay will be spinning the decks at Euphoria Presents WE Party OlympicÂ Gaymes DublinÂ Pride Edition on Saturday June 24. For more info, click here.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News Ireland). All rights reserved.