Don’t mind those premature Christmas lights on Grafton Street, or the fact that mince pies been stocked in cafés around the country since October – we all know that it’s officially the festive season when, for one night only, kids are allowed stay up past their bedtime to watch the giant toy ad that is ‘The Late Late Toy Show’
Expect an army of Billie Barry kids, children struggling to control their vehicles and almost knocking over camera men, a few B-list celebrities and of course “one for everyone in the audience.”
Over the years we’ve seen Gaybo, Pat Kenny and Tubs playing host… but we all know that the real stars are the kids.
Here are our favourite Toy Show moments.
1. When Toby DID NOT care for Girls Aloud interrupting his singing debut.
2. When Fergal out-sassed Ryan Tubridy.
3. When Douglas schooled Ryan on fashion.
4. When a legend was born.
5. When Ryan had the honour of meeting the ‘Junior Culchie of the Year’.
6. What happened when Gay Byrne, Dustin the Turkey and two dancing bears got together.
7. Hearts melted, eyes welled up… when Domhnall met his hero, Robbie Keane.
8. Anyone else think that Destiny and Rihanna are too cool for The Toy Show? (2013)
9. No craic was had that year. (2012)
10. When Danielle gave us an Irish geography lesson.
Tune into RTÉ’s Late Late Toy Show tonight at 9.35PM on RTÉ One.
© 2015 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.