AIDS West are searching for a support services coordinator to join their phenomenal team to help provide essential support for their clients.
Based in Galway, the charity AIDS West offers crucial care to those affected by HIV/AIDS/STIs as well as promoting awareness around sexual health. The work they do for the LGBT+ community and beyond is vital in terms of representation and spreading accurate information.
The group is offering a permanent full-time role for a support services coordinator with a particular focus on prevention and education initiatives. As the new PrEP rollout gets underway this year, this is an important time to get involved and help further push for awareness within and outside the community.
For those interested in applying for this position, here is a breakdown of what AIDS West are looking for in a new team member:
- Communication: A person will demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills. They will showcase an ability to maintain an inclusive approach, embrace difference, and work well in a team.
- Professionalism: The candidate will have a non-judgmental attitude as well as maintain confidentiality. They will have a working knowledge of basic computer packages and continuously strive to show their excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Adaptability: For anyone interested in the position, showing a willingness to engage in further training is encouraged.
- Relevant third level professional qualification, for example, Counselling, Social Care, Family Support, Psychology.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of sexual health and HIV support work. Though not exactly a requirement, it is useful for the career.
- Proficient oral and written English.
- An up to date driving licence and easy access to transport.
Those who feel passionate about the prospect of this career can contact AIDS West at 091 566266 or email [email protected] for a job application form. Closing dates for applications are on Friday, November 15.
© 2019 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
For 30 years GCN has been a vital, free-of-charge information service for Ireland’s LGBT+ community. We want to go on providing this community hub in print and online, helping countless individuals across the country, but the revenue from advertising across the media is falling.
GCN needs your support. If you value having an independent LGBT+ media in Ireland, you can help from only €1.99 per month. Support Ireland’s free, independent LGBT+ media.