Colby Keller made Nico Tortorella cry, Russia’s HIV registry, Mike Pence will roll back Obama’s executive orders, Frank Ocean and more: the biggest international LGBT news stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- A gay couple in the UK were gaybashed by a gang of fifteen on Christmas Day. Jason Homer and his partner (20 and 21, respectively) were outside a pub in North Yorkshire when two friends when the incident, which left them broken and bruised, occurred. (GSN)
- Russia announces a plan for mandatory registration to a database for HIV-positive people. Currently registration is optional but those who oppose such a registry believe that it cold be used to discriminate against HIV-positive people. Last year, Russian experts indicated that access to condoms was to blame for the spread of HIV, with such access increasing promiscuity. (Pink News)
- Gay porn star Colby Keller made Nico Tortorella cry on his podcast, The Love Bomb. Keller recounted how he stopped calling his mother ‘mother’ after she quoted the Bible at him when they found gay porn under his bathroom sink. (GSN)
- Milo Yiannopoulos is being shunned by UK publishers. After landing a $250,000 book deal with publisher Simon & Schuster in the US, the UK branch has decided not to publish the Breitbart editor’s book with a publishing insider stating: “It will be a toxic book to try and sell here.” (The Guardian)
- Frank Ocean’s mom wants to nix homophobic gospel singer and actress Kim Burrell from her son’s album, Blonde. Katonya Breaux, Ocean’s mother, tweeted: “Me: Son, can we crop Kim Burrells voice out of your song??” and “I mean damn. Hypocrisy and the inciting of hate pisses me off. Opportunistic &?%#€!!” (Towleroad)
- Drew Droege’s Chloë Savigny is back to tell you about her grandparents. “It’s recently come to my attention that I possess grandparents,” Sevigny reveals. Watch the video below. (Youtube)
- Mike Pence says President Obama’s executive orders will be dismantled as soon as Trump takes office. “It’ll literally begin on day one,” Pence said. “We do anticipate that the president-elect will be in the Oval Office taking action to both repeal executive orders and also set in motion through executive action policies to implement promises that were made on the campaign.” (Out)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News Ireland). All rights reserved.