Will & Grace cast together again, Princess Diana’s gay butler, Alaska on Hey Qween!, China’s inclusive sex-ed & more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Princess Diana’s butler Paul Burrell reveals he is gay as he is preparing to marry his partner. The 58-year -old former butler will marry Graham Cooper (58) next month. A spokesperson for Burrell confirmed “the forthcoming marriage.” News of Burrell’s marriage comes six months after his divorce from his wife of 32 years was finalised. (Attitude)
- Artist Tommy Page found dead at 46. The singer-songwriter appears to have taken his own life. “We are all mourning the loss of our friend and colleague Tommy Page,” said John Amato, Billboard Entertainment Group President. “He was a magnetic soul and a true entertainer. Our thoughts are with his family.” (Towleroad)
- Made In Chelsea star Ollie Locke launches a new dating app for gay men called Chappy. Locke, who came out as gay last year before which he identified as bisexual, hopes to “change up the online dating game for gay and bi men.” Users can use the apps sliding ‘Chappy scale’ to search for Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now, and get matched with their preference. Chappy is expected to launch soon. (Attitude)
- The cast of Will & Grace enjoy filming for the new season. The cast posted behind the scenes photos of themselves, indicating they were having a great time getting back into the Will & Grace universe. Sean Hayes, who plays Jack, posted on Twitter saying “Just like riding a bike.” (Pink News)
— Eric McCormack (@EricMcCormack) March 5, 2017
— Megan Mullally (@MeganMullally) March 4, 2017
— Sean Hayes (@SeanHayes) March 5, 2017
- China’s new sex-ed is very inclusive, and cute. The new Chinese sex education policy includes sections about same-sex couples, sexuality and gender equality. The documentation teaches children that people’s love in same sex relationships is “a beautiful thing.” “A minority of people experience attraction to members of the same sex,” the document lays out. (Pink News)
- Alaska Thunderfuck is the first guest on Season 5 of Hey Qween! with Jonny McGovern. The team behind the channel wrote: “Kicking things off in royal style, we have the winner of “Rupaul’s Drag Race: All Stars” Season 2, Alaska Thunderfuck on the couch! From her triumphant “Drag Race” victory to the unfortunate fan backlash (#Snakegate), Alaska spills all the behind-the-scenes T!” (Queerty)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.