Who is LINC for and what does LINC aim to do?
LINC Resource Centre aims to: Improve the quality of life, health and well-being of all women who identify as lesbian or bisexual in Ireland. Objectives:
- To build a safe, accessible and vibrant community centre (actual and virtual) for lesbians and bisexual (LB) women.
- To provide information and support for LB women and their families.
- To promote the mental, physical, emotional and sexual health of LB women.
- To inform and contribute to relevant policy development at local, regional and national level.
- To be a model of best practice rooted in feminist, social justice and community development principles.
We accept donations of all amounts.
If you would like to donate to LINC using PayPal please scroll to the bottom of any page and click the Donate button on the bottom right.
For over twenty years, Lesbian and Bisexual women in Cork have been providing support services for others in our community and have been active in promoting equality for Lesbian and Bisexual women. This culminated in the foundation of LINC (Lesbians in Cork), an organisation committed to informing and impacting upon social inclusion policy and practice and providing peer support services to all in our community.
LINC Resource Centre is the only community development organisation working exclusively with Lesbian and Bisexual women in the Republic of Ireland. Through the LINC Resource Centre, we have completed a comprehensive outreach training and development programme. We have also begun to actively engage with various representative groups in the community including the young women’s group, lesbian parents’ group, the group founded to support the parents of lesbian and bisexual women and the older lesbian group.
Who’s Who In LINC?
Steering Group Chair: Jo Tickner
Eleanor Moore (HSE representative)
If you need to speak to someone at LINC please see lists below to find the right person to talk to.
Kate Moynihan, Project Co-ordinator
Sarah O’Sullivan, Accounts Administrator
Mary Cleary, Community Health Worker
Noelle Cambridge, Community Support Worker
Denise Murray, Community Support Worker
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.