Beyoncé may have been topping the charts for 15+ years, but Queen Bey is astonishingly only 33 years young. To celebrate her ***Flawless self, we countdown the reasons why we love her. All hail, Queen Bey!
33. Since she was a kid, she KNEW she’d be a star.
32. She is constantly expanding our dictionary.
31. She has been filling dancefloors since the 90s.
30. She stayed humble and gracious throughout Kanye V. Taylor Swift awkwardness.
29. …But really, she knows where she falls on the pop hierarchy.
28. And all the other pop princesses are cool with it…
27. Her sister Solange is her best friend
26. Even when times get rough…
24. She can rock camouflage like no other.
23. In fact, she managed to make even the worst Tina Knowles monstrosity look good.
22. She taught us all to have high standards.
21. Who else can wear a bandana as a top?
20. She inspires the best parodies.
19. She played Etta James ***flawlessly, and had quite a foul mouth on her…
18. Dream Girls wouldn’t have been the same without her.
17. But she had her few bad movies too…
16. She knows the value of hard work.
“When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” –Beyoncé
15. When she is with Jay Z, our hearts melt. Has there ever been a love so pure?!
14. Not only do they make beautiful music together…
13. But they also spawned the world’s cutest child.
12. …who inherited Momma Bey’s fierce attitude.
11. Jay and Bey have had their hard times.
10. But they’ve worked it out.
9. She’s all about empowering women.
8. And with the help of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichiend , reminded us all of the meaning of “feminist”.
7. Her career has spanned three decades.
6. And she shows no signs of slowing down…
5. She owns her sexuality.
4. What would her mother think?
3. She supports her LGBT fans.
2. She’s one of the greatest living entertainers.
1. She ***Flawless
Happy Birthday, Beyoncé!
© 2014 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.