Last night, Broadway’s brightest stars gathered in New York’s Radio City for this year’s Tony Awards. Here’s our highlights and lowlights…
1. Hugh Jackman rapped with T.I and LL Cool J.
We love Tony’s host Hugh Jackman, we really do. We thought he could do no wrong (apart from Wolverine Origins of course) – but this is mortifying. *Face palm*
2. Jonathan Groff completely takes the piss out of John Travolta’s Oscar slip-up.
It was a no-brainer really, someone was going to do it and we’re glad it was Groff. The Looking star was introducing the “wickedly talented” Adele Daz… I mean, Idina Menzel and hilarity ensued.
3. Neil Patrick Harris stole the show when he performed ‘Sugar Daddy’ from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. From giving Sting a lapdance to making out with his husband, all while in drag, NPH owned the night. No wonder he won the statue for Best Actor. Watch the full performance here.
4. The cast of the Broadway version of Aladdin wowed audiences with ‘Friend Like Me’ – with an added bonus of a bit of a Disney classics mash up halfway through… Can’t help but toe tap.
5. And finally, Adele Dazeem herself made up for her rather lackluster Oscar performance as she delivered a pitch perfect, goosebump enducing rendition of ‘Always Starting Over’ from If/Then.
See a full list of winners from the night here.
© 2014 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.