GCN has teamed up with the fabulous folks at the charming 4-star Lodge at Ashford Castle to offer one lucky GCN reader the chance to win an overnight stay for two on the idyllic banks of Lough Corrib.
This incredible prize package includes a stunning three-course meal at Wilde’s restaurant, a lavish breakfast and a fabulous outdoor activity on the grounds of the Ashford Estate.
The uniqueness of the Lodge at Ashford Castle makes it one of Ireland’s most hidden gems just waiting to be explored. Originally built in 1865 for the Estate Manager of the 800-year-old Ashford Castle, the elegant white-washed Lodge offers country house charm with stunning views of Lough Corrib, one of Ireland’s largest lakes, and the rolling Connemara hills.
As part of this fantastic competition, the winner and their guest will enjoy the finest of dining experiences at Wilde’s restaurant, which offers hotel guests a range of beautifully prepared dishes made from estate-grown, foraged, and local ingredients. The menu is complemented by a wine list of over 100 labels which exclusively features green, sustainably produced wines from around the world.
Named Ireland’s Most Romantic Hotel at the 2022 Irish Hotel Awards, the hotel sits within 350 acres of simply breathtaking grounds in the Irish countryside of county Mayo.
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is a welcoming haven whether you choose to enjoy some relaxation with woodland walks and roaring fires or feel adventurous and choose to partake in some of the many outdoor activities available on the estate grounds.
What more could you want to wipe away those winter blues?
For more information be sure to visit www.thelodgeac.com.
Terms and conditions:
- The prize is for a one-night stay at The Lodge at Ashford Castle on a B&B basis with dinner and one activity of choice included for two people sharing.
- Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize must be taken by 22nd December 2023.
- Guests will be provided with a list of activities to choose from, however an alternative activity may be offered by the hotel based on availability at time of booking.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- Prize is as offered, and no cash alternative will apply. The prize is not transferable.
- Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
- Any costs incurred additional to the prize package elements listed (e.g. telephone charges, meals, drinks, room service, additional activities, transfers etc.) will be at the winner’s own expense.
- Any requested or permitted upgrades or changes to the stated holiday prize will be at the winner’s own expense.
- Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the winner to alternative dates and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
- Any personal data relating to competition entrants will be used in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and best practice.
The competition closes on January 31. Winners will be contacted directly and shared on social media.
To be in with a chance to win this incredible prize simply answer this question:
What lake does the Lodge at Ashford Castle overlook?
© 2023 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
GCN has been a vital, free-of-charge information service for Ireland’s LGBTQ+ community since 1988.
During this global COVID pandemic, we like many other organisations have been impacted greatly in the way we can do business and produce. This means a temporary pause to our print publication and live events and so now more than ever we need your help to continue providing this community resource digitally.
GCN is a registered charity with a not-for-profit business model and we need your support. If you value having an independent LGBTQ+ media in Ireland, you can help from as little as €1.99 per month. Support Ireland’s free, independent LGBTQ+ media.