Supergirl’s amazing reply to homophobia, Moonlight’s 5 Dorian Awards, The Devil Wears Prada musical and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Boy George talks about his sometimes tenuous relationship with the late George Michael. “In the early days, we were competition to each other,” Boy George said. “We were both called George, both made soul music. So in the early days, we were really in competition.” (Queerty)
- The Devil Wears Prada musical will be composed by Sir Elton John. “Re-imagining The Devil Wears Prada for the musical theatre is super exciting,” John said. “I’m a huge fan of both the book and the feature film.” (GSN)
- Moonlight has received 5 Dorian Awards from gay critics group The Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association. Other winners of Dorian Awards this year include Kate McKinnon (SNL), Sarah Paulson (The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story), and RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars. (GSN)
- Kelly Rowland feels that people should ask their potential partners about “past gay experiences”. “It’s proper to ask in today’s times,” she said. “I can’t tell someone how to feel about dating someone who is bisexual or had a past gay experience, but it’s proper to ask in today’s times.” (Queerty)
- Supergirl defended the “homosexual messages” in the CW television show after a concerned viewer asked them to “tone down” homosexuality. “Used to watch this with my daughter’s [sic] now I have to explain to a 7 and 10 y.o. thx” the viewer’s tweet read. Supergirl’s reply: “Good explain to them that love is love and it’s beautiful no matter where you find it and who you find it with.” (The Gaily Grind)
— Supergirl (@SuperGirlTheCW) January 24, 2017
- Graham Norton lambasted Piers Morgan for his attack on Ewan McGregor. Following McGregor’s refusal to go on Morgan’s show, Norton has criticised Morgan’s response. “We didn’t discuss Piers Morgan because there’s nothing to discuss,” he said in a radio interview. (Pink News)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.