Zac Efron is now the face of a major fragrance, Bud sex, Troye Sivan on LGBT role models, Lance Bass’s extraterrestrial plans and more: the biggest international LGBT news in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Troye Sivan wasn’t able to relate to George Michael and Ricky Martin coming out because of their age. “I just couldn’t see myself in those people,” Sivan said. “They were so much older than I was. And, yeah, it was just a different world.” (GSN)
- Lance Bass has revealed he plans to travel into space. Former N*Sync member Lance Bass said that while “there’s no specific date” he does plan to “take that mission” when the opportunity arises in the next five or ten years. (Attitude)
- North Carolina lawmakers failed to repeal the anti-LGBT ‘bathroom bill’, HB2. The controversial law which discriminates against LGBT people has lost North Carolina millions of dollars in funding and events. Opponents to the bill will continue to fight for its repeal. (Out)
- ‘Bud sex’ otherwise known as ‘dude sex’ and ‘bro jobs’ has caught the attention of Twitter’s user base. Coined by Tony Silva, a researcher from the University of Oregan, the term ‘bud sex’ is used to describe the phenomenon of men who identify as straight hooking up with other men who identify as straight. (Queerty)
- Zac Efron is the new ambassador for Hugo Boss. “Hey, I’m Zac Efron, and as you can see I’m shooting my very first fragrance campaign,” Zefron says. Check out the video here. (Youtube)
- Gay man sentenced to thirty years for infecting a sexual partner is due to get a new trial. Wrestler and college student Michael Johnson, aka Tiger Mandigo, has appealed the original trial on the grounds that the punishment was “grossly disproportionate to the crime.” (Out)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
comments. Please sign in to comment.