The Baby Mama Dance, UK health experts condemn ‘cure’ for trans people, Zefron’s new Baywatch trailer and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Health experts condemn attempts to ‘cure’ trans people following a BBC documentary, ‘Transgender Kids: Who Knows Best?”. The show, featuring Canadian doctor Kenneth Zucker who was fired from his position in a Canadian clinic treating trans people, received a string of formal complaints. (Pink News)
- A trans model will be included in a top Indian fashion show next month. Anjali Lama, a 32 year old trans woman, will be featured as part of the fashion show running in early February. This marks the first time that a trans model will walk the runway during Mumbai’s Lakmé Fashion Week. (Towleroad)
- Pregnant lesbian YouTuber does the ‘Baby Mama’ dance. In a recent video post to YouTube, the thirty-week pregnant mother and her partner dance together in matching check shirts. (Youtube)
- Zefron’s abs make a noteworthy appearance in the new Baywatch trailer. Zac Efron and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson star in Baywatch which is planned for release in May this year. Watch the new trailer below. (GT)
- Swedish experts warn that gonorrhoea could become incurable again, as a very antibiotic resistant strain has suffered. “For one kind of gonorrhoea in particular there is currently only one kind of antibiotic which can cure it,” Public Health Agency’s Elin Jacobsson said. (Queerty)
- Northern Ireland government has collapsed, but anti-LGBT DUP leader Arlene Foster has vowed to fight on. “This suggestion that every single person who’s a homosexual wants to change the definition of marriage is actually wrong,” she said. “I know plenty of people in that community who don’t want to see marriage redefined and are quite content to live in partnership.” (Pink News)
- Five people were killed at a gay-friendly club in Mexico this weekend. A gunman fired through an open window in Playa Del Carmen’s Blue Parrot club, killing five and wounding nine in a revenge attack over the sale of drugs. (Towleroad)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.