Lego RuPaul’s Drag Race, Boy Scouts now trans inclusive, Trump promotes his stance on LGBT rights, Leah DeLaria reaches out to Melania Trump and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Boy Scouts of America have finally opened their doors to trans boys. Following the 2015 policy which barred discrimination based on sexuality, the 2017 policy extends to being inclusive of gender identity. Both the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts now allow trans youth into their organisations. (HRC)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Lego could soon be a thing. A RPDR fan from Melbourne, Mark Fitzpatrick, has worked for two years to create RuPaul’s Brick Race, a Lego recreation of RuPaul’s TV show featuring a workroom, main stage and mirror area where contestants can write their lipstick farewell messages. To support this Lego project, head here. (GSN)
- President Trump stands by his commitment to protect LGBT from discrimination and oppression. A statement issued by the White House, Trump’s record on LGBT rights was highlighted, while the 2014 protective order preventing LGBT discrimination was left intact at the behest of Trump. (Queerty)
“President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of LGBTQ rights, just as he was throughout the election,” the statement said. “The president is proud to have been the first ever GOP nominee to mention the LGBTQ community in his nomination acceptance speech, pleading then to protect the community from violence and oppression.”
- Charlie Carver opens up about shooting a threesome with Zachary Quinto and James Franco for I Am Michael. The actor spoke about the sweaty and uncomfortable scene saying: “We were in an attic in Long Island in the middle of the summer … and the air conditioning was broken.” (Gaily Grind)
- Viral video hit Sinon Loresca dons a pair of stilettos to show off his best runway strut. The video of underwear-wearing Loresca went viral with more than 5.6million views at the time of writing. Loresca was imitating Miss Philippines’ walk. Check his strut and dance out out below. (Gayety)
- Lea DeLaria expressed her disdain for President Trump, calling him “an idiot” at the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday. On the red carpet, the Orange Is The New Black actress said: “We have an idiot for president of the United States and I do not stand behind this idiot.” DeLaria also gave Melania Trump an invite to let her know if she needed rescuing. “I just want to say Melania, honest, as a feminist I’m worried about you,” she said. “Just give me a sign if you need me to rescue you.” (GSN)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
comments. Please sign in to comment.