HERE’S OUR ROUND-UP OF TODAY’S TOP INTERNATIONAL QUEER STORIES IN TODAY’S CUPPÁN GAY GLOBAL LGBT NEWS ROUNDUP
- Intersex Irish biotechnologist Jemma Redmond has died at the age of 38. Jemma Redmond founded the Irish bioprinting startup company Ourobotics, which uses 3D printing to create organs for medical procedures. (The Guardian)
- Australia’s only LGBT radio station had to be evacuated following a bomb threat. The premises was evacuated on Monday night after they received a bomb threat as the government gears up for a potential plebiscite on the divisive issue of same-sex marriage in Australia. (Out In Perth)
- Bisexual actress, activist and lecturer Angelina Jolie filed for divorce from husband Brad Pitt. Following over ten years of coupledom, Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce and is hoping to get physical custody of their six children, citing irreconcilable differences in the legal documents. (City AM)
- Phi Phi O’Hara’s male alter ego Jaremi Carey’s new video Play. The sensual video sees Phi Phi O’Hara out of drag with his instantly recognisable blue hair. See the All Stars 2 contestant drip paint on his lover’s abs in the ‘Play’ video below. (Youtube)
- Rome recognises it’s first same-sex civil union. After Italy legalises same-sex civil partnerships in May this year, the first same-sex civil unions have taken place. Although considered a step forward for LGBT equality, the Civil Union bill has come under fire for a controversial adoption clause. (Euro News)
- Jared Leto has been cast as famous gay artist Any Warhol in upcoming film Warhol. Jared Leto will be starring as the eponymous character in Warhol, which will be based upon the Victor Bockris book ‘Warhol: The Biography’ and will be written by Wolf of Wall Street writer Terence Winter. (GSN)
- Northern Ireland’s petition signed by 20,000 cautions DUP against blocking same-sex marriage. As the only region in the UK and Ireland where same-sex marriage is not available, Northern Irish citizens have presented Stormont with a petition of 20,000 signatories to stop the DUP from blocking same-sex marriage legislation. (Belfast Telegraph)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay Global LGBT News Roundup.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.