We’re officially two weeks into Pride month and there are still plenty of fantastic ways for you to celebrate throughout the rest of the month.
Here are just some of the Pride events happening in Dublin over the next three weeks:
Saturday, June 15
- Outhouse is hosting a Mental Health and Wellbeing day from 11.30-16.00. The day will include a Zumba class as well as Soapbox Session. Visit outhouse.ie to find out more.
Sunday, June 16
- Dublin Gay Men’s Chorus are running Summer CAMP! At St Ann’s Church from 6pm. Tickets are 10 euro.
- The LGBT+ Blue Way Walk is taking place from 11 am at Gashouse Bridge Clonmel. All are welcome, including the family, friends and allies of the LGBT+ community. Light refreshments will be provided.
Tuesday, June 18
- OUTLaw have organised a collaborative event with LGBT Ireland and the Lesbian Lawyers Network hosted by OneALG, the A&L Goodbody LGBT+ allies network. The event will explore the current legal challenges facing LGBT+ families in Ireland.
Thursday, June 20
- Dil Wickremasinghe and Anne Marie Toole will host a lively and fresh discussion about mental health with an array of colourful guests at the Insight Matters Podcast in Mountjoy Centre from 1 pm.
- The unveiling ceremony for the Hirschfeld Centre Commemorative Plaque will take place at 6 pm at 10 Fownes Street Dublin 2.
- The George is hosting the Pride Festival Opening Event from 5 pm and entry is free.
Saturday, June 22
- Outhouse will host Speed Friending with LGBTQ+ 20’s-30’s Ladies and entry is free.
- If you’re interested in history, Brian Crowley is running A Queer History Tour of Kilmainham Gaol, focusing on the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender prisoners.
Sunday, June 23
- Dr Mary McAuliffe is leading the Dublin Pride Walking Tour which departs from The George at 2 pm.
- An Evening with David Norris hosted by Changing Attitude Ireland is on in The Music Room, at Christchurch Cathedral for an entry fee of €15.00. He will speak about his life, work and being gay in the 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s Ireland.
There are plenty of events in the final week of Pride month as well:
Monday, June 24
- A free mental health workshop entitled “Insight Matters for your Mental Health” hosted by Dil Wickremasinghe and Anne Marie Toole.
Tuesday, June 25
- Dublin Pride Conference is on in the Radisson Blu, Golden Lane Dublin 8. Entry is free and the conference is for people working or volunteering in the LGBT+ sector or people interested in this area.
Thursday, June 27
- Join Dublin Lesbian Line for a night of activism and empowerment at their event “Recognising and Challenging Sexual Harassment of LGBTQIA+ Women*” in The Tara Building.
Friday, June 28
- Dublin Bear Pride, club night with a percentage of proceeds donated to a nominated LGBT charity will take place in Adelphia from 9 pm.
Saturday, June 29
- The Dublin Pride March & Parade departs O’Connell St at 12 pm and finishes in Merrion Square at the Pride Village. Earlier in the day, OutHouse will host a Pride Breakfast.
Sunday, July 7
- On July 7, Trans Pride Dublin (Break the Binary) will take place from 2 pm at the Garden of Remembrance.
These are just some of the many exciting events happening throughout Pride month. To find out more and to browse through the full list of Pride events, pick up a copy of the Dublin Pride Guide.
© 2019 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
GCN has been a vital, free-of-charge information service for Ireland’s LGBT+ community since 1988.
During this global COVID pandemic, we like many other organisations have been impacted greatly in the way we can do business and produce. This means a temporary pause to our print publication and live events and so now more than ever we need your help to continue providing this community resource digitally.
GCN is a registered charity with a not-for-profit business model and we need your support. If you value having an independent LGBT+ media in Ireland, you can help from as little as €1.99 per month. Support Ireland’s free, independent LGBT+ media.