This month sees Jessie J, Ariana Grade and Nicki Minaj unite for a coming together of current pop megastars. The team-up of big names isn’t a new thing at all – there have been many over the years. But we’ve rounded up the ones that score on camp credentials or star power (and sometimes both).
10. RuPaul and Elton John – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
Two queens camping it up, with bells on.
9. Shakira and Rihanna – Can’t Remember To Forget You
2014’s campy faux-lesbian pop team-up, hard to beat.
8. Lady Gaga and Beyoncé – Telephone
Two mega-stars coming together for drag queen worthy wigs and a big, big chorus.
7. Britney and Madonna – Me Against The Music
It could have been so much more but still maintains a certain charm.\
6. Brandy and Monica – The Boy Is Mine
Don’t lie, you’ve definitely recreated this with a pal after a few drinks.
5. Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion – Tell Him
These two were made to make cheesy but amazing ballads together.
4. Kylie Minogue and Robbie Williams – Kids
Honourable mention for the time Kylie sang this with her sis, Dannii.
3. Beyoncé and Jay Z- Crazy in Love
Before they were drunk in love, they got a bit crazy first.
2. Barbara Streisand and Donna Summer – No More Tears (Enough is Enough)
Two all-time camp icons over a disco beat? Priceless.
1. Pink, Christina Aguilera, Mya and Lil’ Kim – Lady Marmalade
The sexed-up cover that screamed star power (in 2001 at least).
© 2014 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.