Trans struggles explored in viral video, Milo Yiannopoulos’ book contract dropped, Tom Daly in Sharknado 5 and more: the biggest international LGBT stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Legalisation of gay marriage is linked to a drop in teen suicide attempts. A new study in the journal JAMA Paediatrics revealed that the legalisation of same-sex marriage in the US has led to a 14 per cent reduction in suicide rates. (Medical News Today)
- This video about everyday trans struggles has nearly two million views. Directed by Jake Graf, the video features trans people’s voiceovers as they struggle with everyday issues that cisgender people might overlook. Watch the video below. (Attitude)
- A politician in the UK has claimed that LGBT History Month celebrates paedophiles. “What could be more suitable for annual LGBT History Month than this heart warming picture of two of Britain’s most inveterate paedophiles hand in hand,” Julia Gasper asked. Gasper also called David Bowie a “gay Nazi”. (Pink News)
- Pop artist Leo Kalyan pays tribute to George Michael with a Jesus To A Child cover. The artist was highlighted by DJ Conor Behan as one to watch in his Top Music Picks for December. Have a listen to the cover below.
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ book contract cut over ‘child abuse’ comments. The controversial Breitbart editor and former Twitter troll has had his book deal axed after espousing contentious views about child abuse. He later said that paedophilia is “a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the worst.” (The Journal)
- Tom Daly was seen filming for Sharknado 5 in London. The Olympic diver was joined by Tara Reid (American Pie) on set. Daly’s role in the next instalment in the Sharknado franchise marks his first acting role. (Pink News)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.