Africa’s Gay Rugby Team, X Factor’s same-sex fiancée, Lucien Piane’s breakdown continues, SNL skit with Emma Stone and more: Here’s the biggest international LGBT news stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- X Factor denies that it is ignoring Saara Aalto’s same-sex fiancée. An X Factor insider denied the show was avoiding the singer’s same-sex relationship saying it was irrelevant. (Pink News)
- Lucien Piane’s public breakdown continues as he seeks $120k for a new album. On the GoFundMe page creatively titled Lucien Album, the Drag Race judge wrote: “I wanna make a bomb ass album. The money is going to be to hire an orchestra, orchestrator, copyists, producers, mixing, mastering and any other misc expenses.” (Queerty)
- SNL’s new toy for sensitive boys has finally arrived. The faux-ad is for creative boys to give them something “to wish upon, confide in and reflect by.” Check out the parody skit below.
- South Africa’s first gay rugby tour becomes a reality (Jozi Cats’ Desmond Roux pictured). Jozi Cats is Africa’s first competitive gay and inclusive rugby club and they’re beginning a crowdfunding campaign to stop homophobia in sport. (News24)
- MEPs accuse the European Commission of ignoring discrimination against gay people in Lithuania. MEPs wrote to commissioners to decry discrimination LGBT groups face saying: “This truly is a shockingly passive response and provides a carte blanche for continued homophobic legislation in our member states.” (EU Observer)
- Illinois based Christian-owned B&B must host gay weddings. A panel of the Illinois Human Rights Commission upheld a decision which compelled the B&B to pay a fine for refusing to host a same-sex wedding on their property. (Fox)
- The most LGBT-friendly employers in America have been decided on by the HRC. Companies including Walmart, McDonald’s, PepsiCo and Kellogg all scored highly as some of America’s most LGBT-friendly employers. (Fortune)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
comments. Please sign in to comment.