Anderson Cooper’s buff bf, Saara Aalto working with Sia, Russia ban queer comic and more: the biggest international LGBT news in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Russia ban a comic because of it’s ‘gay propaganda’ content. The comic based on Blizzard’s online shooter game has been banned because one of it’s characters is queer, with a message from the comic’s creator saying: “In accordance with Russian law, we cannot share this comic with our players on territory of Russian Federation.” (Kotaku)
- A Papa John’s employee attacked a gay couple for hugging in Middlesex. The staff member called the two men “gay bastards” and physically assaulted them, with the incident caught on camera. Watch the video below. (GSN)
- X-Factor’s Saara Aalto has signed a recording contract after finishing second place in the singing competition. The Finnish singer is working with Sia and Adam Lambert to create her new music, and she is thrilled. “Oh my god, it’s just insane,” she said. (Pink News)
- JK Rowling has approved a Harry Potter image for the LGBT comic book, Love Is Love. The Love Is Love comic book has been created in response to the Orlando shootings this summer, with proceeds going to Equality Florida. (Out)
- Thomas Cook have a Christmas Day ad featuring same-sex parents. The ad, which is due to air on Christmas Day, will feature a same-sex couple kissing and gay parents. (Pink News)
- Anderson Cooper and his partner Benjamin Maisani washed elephants in Myanmar. The power couple washed rescued elephants at the Green Hill Valley Elephant Camp in Myanmar yesterday. (The Gaily Grind)
- Judges rule that the Ashers ‘gay cake’ case cannot be referred to the UK’s Supreme Court. The Lord Chief Justice said: “We have determined that we didn’t have the power to refer full stop.” (Belfast Telegraph)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.