Beverly is the MD for nine Nando’s restaurants in Ireland. She was part of the team that brought the brand, which is best known for its legendary and delicious flame grilled PERi-PERi chicken, to Ireland almost ten years ago.
With chicken on or off the bone, in a wrap, burger or pitta, and served with a delicious selection of sides, salads, appetisers and sharing platters, Nando’s offers great variety, and mouth-watering recipes to please all food palettes.
Bev’s passion in Nando’s is growing others, and everyone who has worked with her has a story of how she has positively impacted their lives.
1. Who is your queer icon and why?
Ellen DeGeneres, because she looks like she is great craic to be around and at the same time she uses her notoriety for the good of others.
2. Your ideal party of five, living or dead?
There’s only one person I’d want – Ed Sheeran, so he could sing to me!
3. What would be on the menu?
Nando’s, of course!
4. Your favourite place to eat, other than your own, in Dublin?
Las Tapas De Lola on Wexford Street.
5. What/Who or Where is rocking your world in restaurants right
now and why?
The array of pop up restaurants and street food stalls – yummy!
6. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen/overheard in your restaurant?
A customer popped in to buy sauce to take home on their way to the airport. They couldn’t fit it all into their luggage, so decided to remove their coat from the bag, dropping it off at a charity shop around the corner, so they could squeeze the Nando’s in.
7. What advice would you give to your 18-year-old self?
Take time to smell the roses.
To find out more about the delicious food you can get in Nando’s or to find a Nando’s near you visit nandos.ie
© 2017 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.