Australian actress, model, MTV presenter, DJ and all around babe, Ruby Rose has made lesbian dreams come true as she confirmed that she will appear in season three of ‘Orange is the New Black’. But what do we really know about her?
The 28 year-old may not be a house hold name yet, but chances are if you are a lesbian of a certain age, you have Google image searched Ruby more than a few times. Because, lezbihonest, she is really, really, really ridiculously good looking.
Orange is the New Black season three is currently filming in New York, and bits and pieces about new cast members and storylines have been slowly leaked. None, however, has caused as much excitement as Ruby joining the cast.
Late to the Ruby Rose party? Never fear – here is all you need to know about your next girl obsession.
1. She will play the role of Stella Carlin, an inmate at Litchfield, introduced as a love interest for Piper and Alex. Love triangle, much?
2. We don’t know yet why Stella is behind bars, but with Ruby’s signature tattoos we assume that her character is going to be as much of a badass as she is in real life.
3. Sorry ladies, she is taken. Ruby got engaged to Phoebe Dahl earlier this year. Phoebe is the granddaughter of author Roald Dahl, and also really, really, really ridiculously goodlooking.
4. And of course, they are sickenly cute together.
…to sharing vials of blood? Wait…um…
5. While she uses female pronouns, she is gender-fluid.
“I am very gender fluid and feel more like I wake up every day sort of gender neutral.”
6. She stripped down for MAXIM and PETA, showing she’d rather go nude than wear fur.
7. She wrote, produced and starred in a short film called ‘Break Free’, which examined and challenged traditional gender roles.
8. In 2012, she released a dance track with Gary Go called Guilty Pleasure. It’s pretty good, too.
9. And the only thing that really matters, she is about to steal the hearts of many ‘Orange is the New Black’ fans.
© 2015 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.
comments. Please sign in to comment.