Shayne Ward, winner of the second series of ‘The X Factor’ and all round hottie, is back with a brand new album. We thought it was time to quiz him up and down!
1. Hey Shayne! Tell us, what was the best thing about appearing on ‘The X Factor’?
All the beautiful fans I got. Many of them have stuck by me for the last ten years, coming out to shows and signings, requesting my songs on radio, tweeting their support… and for that I’m so grateful. I hope they love my new album because it’s as much for them as it is for me.
2. And what was the worst thing about appearing on ‘The X Factor’?
The strangest thing was everyone knowing who I was after winning The X Factor – it was quite full on. But I quickly learnt to deal with it and not take everything people said to heart. I come from a big family and we’re all very close, so it was probably harder for them sometimes, as they might have read something and wanted to jump in and defend me.
3. Who are the two biggest influences on your music?
4. Where would you like to see yourself in five years time?
Still making music and hopefully taking up a few acting roles! I’m really excited about the future. This feels like a fresh start and a new beginning for me, so I’m open to the possibilities!
5. Who or what is the greatest love of your life?
My mum and family are my world. They mean everything to me. And of course my music! I can’t live without that either.
6. If you could duet with any singer in the world today, who would it be and why?
I’d love to do a duet with Ellie Goulding. I just love her voice and I think it would be quite an unexpected collaboration!
7. Do you still have any contact with Louis Walsh, and if so, when was the last time you met up with him?
I haven’t caught up with Louis in a very long time. It would be great to catch up. I wish him all the best, whether with X Factor or outside of the show.
8. Who would play you in the Hollywood biopic of your life?
Me… ha! That way I wouldn’t have to give out orders if the actor got things wrong!
9. If the world were ending tomorrow, what would you do today?
I would be surrounded by all my family and friends, and we would have the biggest party ever!
10. And finally, what’s the meaning of life according to Shayne?
Life is about living. Don’t just exist; take control.
Shayne Ward’s new album, ‘Closer’ is out on April 13. He will be signing in the following HMV outlets: Tallaght (Sat April 18, 1pm), Portlaoise (Sat April 18, 5pm), Dundrum (Sun April 19, 1pm), Belfast (Sun April 19, 5pm). Find out more at www.shaynewardofficial.com
© 2015 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.