Russian MPs up in arms over rainbow laces, trespassing gay landlords, HSBC’s gay pride of lions, Gaga’s revelation: The biggest international LGBT news in today’s Cuppán Gay
- A landlord snuck into his tenants’ place to have sex with another man. The tenants caught the landlord on their smart home system having sex and using a dress to clean off a lube stain. (GSN)
- Shocking images show ISIS throw a man off a rooftop for the ‘crime’ of being gay. The man had been imprisoned for the same charges before his horrifying execution – take note, there is disturbing graphic content on the linked page. (Pink News)
- Uproar over HSBC gay pride of lions. The colourful lions have caused a commotion amongst anti-LGBT groups: “The lions are traditional trademarks of Hong Kong, a collective memory. Have they turned into gay lions? It is ridiculous,” said the man who initiated an online petition asking the bank to remove the lions and cease LGBT friendly policies. (The Standard)
- Russian MPs accuse Fifa 17 video game of ‘gay propaganda’. The game “invites users to support the English football premier league’s Rainbow Laces action, a massive campaign in support of LGBT” which can cause “harm to children’s health and development” according to a letter sent from communist MPs. (The Guardian)
- Malta Passes a law to jail doctors who attempt to prescribe ‘gay cures’. Malta have approved a ban on controversial ‘gay cure’ conversion therapy, which will see doctors who prescribe it jailed for a term of five months or face a fine of up to €5,000. (GSN)
- Gaga opens up to LGBT kids about her mental health, saying she has PTSD. “I don’t have the same kinds of issues that you have, but I have a mental illness and I struggle with that mental illness every day so I need my mantra to help keep me relaxed,” Gaga said. (Pink News)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán gay.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News). All rights reserved.