A letter from Joel Dommett’s penis to the world, George Takei on new Star Trek LGBT character, gay UK footballers and RuPual’s next queens: the biggest international news stories in today’s Cuppán Gay
- Joel Dommett’s Penis gives a statement following leaked video. The I’m a Celebrity star turns an X-rated sex tape leak on its head by releasing a statement from his penis: “I was quite happy being a completely unknown penis and this new found fame is frankly horrific for me and Joel, although we have both realised that it’s better to laugh about it than cry about it (Only Joel can Laugh but we can both cry…)”. (Attitude)
- What George Takei thinks of the openly gay character on ‘Star Trek: Discovery’. Although Takei believed that Sulu should not have been gay in recent Star Trek Beyond, he is “eager to see” the new LGBT character. (ScreenCrush)
- Three UK footballers set to come out as gay. Three UK football players are in talks with FA about coming out, claims MP John Nicholson. “I understand there are three players in talks with the FA about coming out, and they haven’t done so yet.” (PinkNews)
- Trump may be giving a job to sacked anti-LGBT governor. North Carolina’s Republican Governor Pat McCrory, the man who signed the controversial HB2 bill which voided all local ordinances protecting LGBT rights, may be in Trump’s administration. (PinkNews)
- The potential new queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race. Meet the queens who are more than likely to be in the line up for season 9. (GSN)
- Republicans in the US want to bring back the anti-LGBT ‘Religious Liberty’ bill. Republicans told Buzzfeed that the GOP want to bring back the ‘First Amendment Defence Act’ next year, in hopes that a ‘religious liberty’ bill under a new administration. (Out)
That’s it for today’s Cuppán Gay.
© 2016 GCN (Gay Community News Ireland). All rights reserved.